Tillsonburg District Memorial Hospitals Surgical Program encompasses a number of services. These include the Operating Rooms, the Post-Anesthetic Care Unit, Day Surgery, Minor Surgical Clinic, Pre-admission Clinic and the Endoscopy Unit. General Surgery, Dental Surgery and Endoscopy services are provided by a team of nurses, surgeons and anesthetists.
Share this Page
Click here to Donate Now
Surgical Care Program
- Hours of Operation
The Surgical Care Program runs Monday to Friday from 7:30 am to 4pm. Emergency surgical services are available.
Day Surgery and OR is located on the 2nd floor.
Endoscopy Unit is located on the 3rd floor.
For patient inquiries, and all general information, please call switchboard to be transferred to the Day Surgery Unit or Endoscopy Unit.
- What to expect when coming for a surgery or procedure
- You will present to the Registration desk to register for your procedure. The registration clerk will direct you to Day surgery or the Endoscopy Unit
- Please ensure you arrive at Registration according to the instructions provided by phone call to you. Registration will direct you to Day Surgery.
- Follow directions provided to you by the Pre Admission Clinic Nurse (per the Anesthetist) specifically regarding any medications you should still take the morning of the surgery. Take these medications with only a sip of water.
- Bring the following with you to the Hospital:
- All your current medications in their original drug store containers
- Your Ontario Health Card
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing and flat-heeled shoes to the hospital. Do not wear anything with a tight neckline that has to be pulled over your head.
- Do not wear any jewelry, make-up or nail polish to the hospital.
- Do not bring any valuables to TDMH – there is no secure place to store any valuables brought in with you.
- TDMH staff will supply a gown and housecoat for you to wear.
- Prior to your surgery or procedure, you will be asked to remove all of your clothing including undergarments and change into the hospital gown. You will also be asked to remove your contact lenses or eyeglasses, any hearing aids and any partial plates/dentures prior to the surgery.
- You will have an intravenous started before your surgery or procedure for the Anesthetist to provide your sedation or general anesthesia during surgery/procedure.
Tillsonburg District Memorial Hospital encourages family centred care. In the best interests of the patient, we request the following:
- That families follow instructions given by the nurse or physician with regards to limiting the number or visitors and noise level.
- That visitors respect the privacy of the other patients and not wander freely through the department.
- That families have one person to act as their spokesperson to decrease confusion and make communication between staff and family members easier.
- All visitors and patients must abide by our hospital code of conduct. Aggressive behaviors will not be tolerated in the department.