The Communications Officer operates the Hospitals telephone switchboard and paging systems; monitors alarms and responds to hospital codes; and registers, discharges and transfers patients in the electronic patient record and in accordance with the Hospital’s policies and procedures.
- Operate the Hospital’s Communications System, which will include the Switchboard Telephone, and Paging systems.
- Monitor hospital alarms and page all hospital codes (i.e. code Blue, cardiac arrest) in accordance to the emergency response code procedures.
- Complete Response Logs to all Codes, alarms, and drills.
- Monitor the Security Camera Monitor.
- Testing portable radios for housekeeping rounds.
- Reset Citrix passwords for Tillsonburg Hospital team members.
- Sign out hospital keys, visitor badges and panic alarms to team members/visitors.
- Accept payments for Tillsonburg Hospital and issue receipts
- Register, discharge and transfer patient visits in accordance with the hospital policies and procedures.
- Notify the Funeral Homes for release of a body and ensuring completion of Death Reports.
- Assist other service areas of the hospital with Clerical support (i.e. Health Records, and Emergency).
- Responsible for a variety of forms, logs and reports
- Provide courteous and helpful responses to patient and public inquiries.
- Support quality and process improvements initiatives.
- Ensure patient safety and infection prevention and control relating to position.
- Other duties as assigned by the Coordinator Patient Registration & Communications.