The Dietary Aide provides the resources required for the operation of the food services area.
Share this Page
Click here to Donate Now
Posting: Dietary Aide (Regular Part Time, 2 Positions)
Posted on: July 07, 2021
Closing on: July 31, 2021
Position type: Permanent, Part-Time
- Utilizes and operates appropriate technical support systems.
- Perform activities related to patient service and food preparation.
- Perform beltline activities.
- Daily cleaning and sanitation of the food services equipment and area.
- Delivery of meals to patients.
- Responsible for catering services as required.
- Responsible for attending relevant continuing education sessions.
- Responsible for ware washing as well as small wares equipment.
- May be required to perform other food service activities such as cafeteria service and Woodingford Lodge aide
- Operate equipment in a safe and sanitary condition.
- Responsible for the safe handling of food to ensure delivery of a quality product.
- May be required to participate and buddy with other team members for orientation in various food preparation techniques.
- Participate in the development and implementation of goals and objectives.
- Participate in decision making process.
- Apply interpersonal skills that support the philosophies of our organization and our Mission, Vision and Values statement.
- Knowledgeable of and applies good safety and sanitation practices.
- Ensure patient safety and infection prevention and control relating to the position
- Flexible and rotates activities within Food Service Area as scheduled.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current Food Handlers Certificate is required.
- Secondary School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Food Service Worker certificate required or enrolled and actively pursuing completion of Food Service Worker certificate and/or food service experience acceptable to the hospital.
- Preference will be given to candidates with recent experience in a healthcare setting.
- Able to do heavy lifting, repetitive motions and standing for long periods of time.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Established initiative and ability to work independently or as a team in a flexible manner.
- Demonstrated excellent attendance record and work ethic.
- Knowledge of computer software programs.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated commitment to privacy and confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular basis.
Other Pertinent Conditions
- Must be available to work all shifts as required, which may include; weekends, stat holidays, day and evening shifts.
- Salary Range: $24.37 per hr to $24.96 per hour as per the UNIFOR Collective Agreement.
- Successful applicants will be required to provide a satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check as a condition of the job offer.
- Please be advised that as part of the selection process, a reference check will be conducted.
Applying to this Position
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send an email to email@example.com
Please ensure you quote the job posting number (posting 21-100) on your application.
We thank all applicants, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. Tillsonburg District Memorial Hospital (TDMH) is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity and dignity in the workplace. We are committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted by TDMH regarding a job opportunity, please advise prior to the interview if you require accommodation and we will work with you to make appropriate arrangements.