The Ultrasonographer contributes fully to the provision of patient focused, safe, efficient, quality imaging within the health care facility.
- Perform all general diagnostic ultrasound procedures as required and offered at Tillsonburg District Memorial Hospital.
- Comply with all legislation, policies procedures, protocols and guidelines defined by government agencies, hospital and imaging department.
- Perform all diagnostic procedures and related processes in all aspects of diagnostic ultrasound imaging.
- Provide pre and post examination patient care to all diagnostic ultrasound patients.
- Attend and utilize team meetings, in-service and educational programs as available.
- Proficient in the use of departmental electronic information systems.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Manager, Diagnostic Imaging.
- Provide orientation and information to clinical placement students.
- Ensures patient safety and infection prevention and control relating to the position.