The Patient Registration Assistant registers, discharges patients and schedules patient appointments in the electronic patient record. The Patient Registration Assistant also monitors alarms, operates the switchboard and other systems located in the patient registration service area. The Patient Registration Assistant provides clerical support to other service areas of the hospital.
- Register and discharge patient visits in accordance with the hospital policies and procedures.
- Schedule outpatient clinics, operating room, and endoscopy suite bookings in accordance with the hospital policies and procedures.
- Maintain an accurate Central Patient Index and Admission, Discharges and Transfer System.
- Operate the hospital switchboard, paging systems, and other systems located in the Communication service area.
- Monitor hospital alarms and page all hospital codes (i.e. code Blue, cardiac arrest) in accordance to the emergency response code procedures.
- Reset Citrix passwords for team members.
- Sign out hospital keys, visitor badges and panic alarms to team members/visitors.
- Accept payments and issue receipts as needed
- Accept donations for the foundation office.
- Complete Response Logs to all Codes, alarms, and drills.
- Accept payments and activate patient televisions.
- Notify the Funeral Homes for release of a body and ensuring completion of Death Reports.
- Log all articles, either lost or found.
- Complete Call-In Forms for maintenance.
- Contact patients to remind of appointments and insure they are prepared properly for appointments.
- Educate and train new employees.
- Participate as a team member to support the shared expectations of the Information Services Team and adhere to all policies and procedures of the organization.
- Recommend process improvements initiatives and ensure that service area issues are communicated to the Team Leader of Registration in a timely manner.
- Assist other service areas of the hospital with Clerical support (i.e. Health Record, Diagnostic Imaging, Laboratory, and Diabetes Education Centre).
- Ensure Customer Service Standards are met.
- Provide courteous and helpful responses to patient and public inquiries.
- Performs duties in a manner that exemplifies and facilitates both quality and patient safety
- Other duties as assigned.
Other Pertinent Information:
- Must be available to work all shifts as required, which may include; weekends, stat holidays, day and evening shifts.
- Successful applicants will be required to provide a satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check as a condition of the job offer.
- Please be advised that as part of the selection process, a reference check will be conducted.